Cancer in the Family

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Today was a good day after such a terrible morning. Today was my mom's surprise birthday party. She seemed so tired and dispirited lately, especially after that stint in the hospital with the kidney problems.

She was completely shocked to see the entire family, her parents, her brothers and sisters, their families...everyone was here to celebrate. She actually cried. It was wonderful and I felt so good. It was as if a light bulb turned on inside her and she began to be more like the mom I remember, laughing and talking. Joking and moving about. Totally enjoying that the attention was completely directed on her as it should be.

We took a crazy amount of pictures in all fashion imaginable. Grandparents and grandkids. Grandparents and their kids. Each family unit starting from oldest and working their way down. It was lots of fun and just wonderful to see everyone together again.

I hope this is an indication of things to come. Either way, I know I have to keep trying to get my mother's spirits up and high. There is hope and I want to keep it alive and kicking. Even if it is cancer, even if all they can do is chemotherapy...homeopathic remedies can work. Strengthen the immune system. Strengthen spirit. Help the body fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home