Cancer in the Family

Sunday, August 20, 2006

This Sunday seemed like any other normal Sunday before the 'dreaded event'. The usual family gathering and activities...it all seemed so normal aside from my mom taking the pain medication. It was easy to forget for a while that threat that looms over us.

For me though, the undercurrent of that threat runs through everything, marring the peacefulness and innocence that covered it. My mom though certainly seems 90% back to normal today, other than dealing with the pain in between medication. She had her spirit back and was more active than I've seen her since this started.

She told me the back pain was gone (aka the swollen kidney has apparently de-swelled) but she still had pain in the front of her abdomen...which means either the ureter is affected (maybe during the attempts to put in the stint it got scratched) or the colon has issues. The colonoscopy and meeting up with her doctor again is scheduled for Thursday and my sister gets to go to that one.

I don't want to leave her alone during the week. Monday I have to go to work...but I think I might try to do work from home on Tuesday and then get ready for possibly have to be off Friday depending on how well Thursday goes.

I hate not knowing, but I would rather not know if the news is bad. Denial, right? Pretend nothing is wrong as if it would go away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home